Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help Changing Country Code to USA

Help Changing Country Code to USA

Please help. I am running version 12.0.409.0 of ACT! and having issues with the phone number entering correctly. Upon further investigation I found the software is listed as English (United Kingdom), which explains the phone number sequence not matching as well as County being listed instead of State. How do I change the country to United States? Once I do this will I have to re-enter all contacts I've already entered?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help Changing Country Code to USA

The default country code is picked from your My Record unless you put their country in the country field first.

You don't need to re-enter the contacts, but might need to re-do all the phone numbers.

Good day Mike,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I had already applied that change based on forum sites I reviewed. Even though My Record shows United States it does not show the option to put in the State, County is the field available. The phone number in My Record now shows correctly and appears to work as it should with new reords. I'll go back and adjust the other manually.

The drop down for the "County" field in my Contacts still shows options for counties in UK. When i research under the Help section it still shows the version as English (United Kingdom). Can you please outline how to change this?

Thanks again,

Park

Somehow you've installed as UK ... it usually picks this from your Windows Regional settings.

This can be addressed by uninstalling and re-installing (checking the region when you install) ...

BUT: your database has been setup as UK, which affects the default pop-us (eg Counties instead of States) and currency in Sales Ops. You might find it easier to get an ACT! Consultant to help you build one for US and them import the one you have
Copper Contributor

Related question to this, does anyone know if there is a way to show US phone numbers (my record is US) without country code but show all foreign countries with country code? Our US numbers are in the standard xxx-xxx-xxxx format and we would like an international country to show the code: for example New Zealand would be [64] x-xxx-xxxx.

I tried "always display country code in phone fields" in prefs but then get the "1" before all  US numbers which we really don't want to show.

Maybe it's all or nothing, not sure, but somehow we got this to work in our prior ACT! 6.0 database.

Generally speaking it should unless the format for the contact phone nymber is freeform. If so you need to select the specific country format.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry, but I'm unfamiliar with how to set the specific country code format.

Can you direct me to the correct instructions or support article on how to do that? Appreciate the help.

You do that with the button at the end of a phone field and each existing phone number  must be individually set.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

First make sure it's right for your My Record and that you have the Country field filled in for your record.... then the default for new contacts will work

Then, you might try updating the records as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14410