Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Calendar issues

Help! Calendar issues

Help!,
Does anyone know wether we can have more than one database open on the same computer or not, We have it set up through our server that I am able to access my bosses calendar in real time, but I also want to be able to have my calendar open as well.

Thanks,
Jasmine Hull
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Help! Calendar issues

Hi Jasmine,

Unfortunately, you can not open two separate databases at once.

If you and your boss were sharing a single database, you would then be able to access to each other's calendar.

Thanks for the info, by sharing a single database, can we have more than one calendar or do we need to both use the same calendar?
Nickel Super Contributor

You'll essentially be using the same calendar, but you will have the option of only viewing yours or viewing each others. You'll also have the option of being able to schedule activities for each other should you ever need to.

How would I set that up, or is there any online instructions for this?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Follow this ACT! Knowledge Base article to share the database - http://tinyurl.com/27ymno

Each user creates activities for themselves or, when you schedule an activity, you can change the Schedule For to be your boss.

When you look at a Calendar, you can click on the Users button on the filter at the top and select to display you, your boss or both

Thanks so much for all of your guy's help!