Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! Activity report mishaps

Help! Activity report mishaps

Let me preface this by saying that this is the first time I have tried to run any kind of report on ACT!

We are a sales office and the president of the company would like to see a report for each sales peron (user) for all meetings and call for 2011 by company.  In essence she'd like to see how many time X user had a meeting with X contact from each company we work with. 

What I though would work was going to Reports then Activities.   I would then select a specific user in the general and activity tab and run the report.  This runs a report which gives the information I need but it is not complete.  I went into the calendar by week and there were appointments missing. 

What am I doing wrong?  I have to submit this today!  Please help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help! Activity report mishaps

The general tab selects the contact records by record manager and the activities tab slelct the indifidual activities by record manager. You likely want to select all users on the general tab and the specific user on the activities tab.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Help! Activity report mishaps

That did the trick!  Thank you!

Now I'd like to see the list by company instead of by contact.  Is that possible.  I tried saving it as a text file  and then opening it in Excel, however, it wasn't formatted to be able to sort easily through the information.

Again thanks so much!