Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help! ACT 2010 not working properly with Outlook

wvp
Loyal Listener

Help! ACT 2010 not working properly with Outlook

Good morning;

I run the latest version of ACT 2010 Standard and have Office 2003.

Recently, our IT department upgraded my PC to Windows 7.  Office was installed first, and then ACT.  Act seems to be functioning ok in all respects except with Outlook.  The plugins appear to be installed, but clicking on an email address or the "write email" button do nothing.  Mail merge as an email does not function correctly either.  The merge appears to work but nothing ever makes it as far as Outlook.  I tried a few templates - nothing helps.

ACT and Word are functioning perfectly.  Previous to my Win 7 install all this was working fine.

Please help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help! ACT 2010 not working properly with Outlook

Were you also upgraded to Office 2010? ACT! 2010 does not support Office 2010. ACT! 2011 does.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

wvp
Loyal Listener

Re: Help! ACT 2010 not working properly with Outlook

Yes, actually we tried Office 2010 first - but even with the designr1 utility there were problems - so I had them revert me back to 2003.

We uninstalled ACT - uninstalled Office 2010 - installed Office 2003 and then I reinstalled ACT.

Now back with 2003, all communications with Outlook now seem broken.  No error messages are thrown, ACT chugs away for a while and then nothing.