Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having trouble installing version 8, 2006

Having trouble installing version 8, 2006

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Each time I try to install the program, at the very end when it is almost complete (on "installing new services"), it ends in an error and says that "setup failed to configure the server, refer to server error logs and setup error logs for more info." When it is unpacking the installing, another error message pops up, "1603 fatal error during installation."

It is important to note that while I had disabled all my firewall settings, at the beginning of setup a box would still pop up saying something like "firewall programs would interfere with installation". Does this happen for everyone, or does it mean that I did not succesfully undo my firewall programs?

I am lacking in experience with these technical issues, and the phone representative said that they will no longer support this version, so I am hoping someone in this community can help me out.

Would appreciate it truly

best,

Steven

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Having trouble installing version 8, 2006

Hello Steven,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

The message about the Firewall is standard, it is a reminder to disable the firewall before proceeding - it does not mean that the firewall is enabled.

To prepare for the next installation, use this article to remove any remnants of the previous installation attempts: KB Article 15285.

Once the clean up is complete, restart the computer into Selective Startup and then attempt the installation.

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Having trouble installing version 8, 2006

Thanks gmartin!

Will try that out and let you know how it goes