08-18-2008 12:38 PM
Everytime I try to import conacts from outlook I come up short. While ACT import wizard displays the correct number of contacts prior to the import, the final product is missing ~500 of my 1800 contacts. I have noticed that all of the contacts from certain subgroups are missing but even when these groups are imported seperatly they come through incomplete. I have tried turning off auto merging and have repaired my outlook files. I have been messing with it for two days now... Any advice?
08-22-2008 01:01 PM
Disable duplicate checking and try the import again.
Tools -> Preferences -> General -> Duplicate Checking.
08-22-2008 02:47 PM
Thank you for replying-
I've already tried turning off the auto merge by disabling Duplicate Checking. I was able to import 20 of the missing 500 but there are still many missing.
I've also tried exporting to a delimited text file (both comma and tab) with no luck. The fields are all mixed up on import and ACT! displays more than twice the number of contacts i have on the preview screen. Even more confusing is that when you actually run the import only 300 or so contacts are created. To fix that I made sure that there were no leading 0 or commas in my outlook data, still not working. When I open the files in excel they appear correctly so I am at a loss.
I can manually input the data if I have to but it will be important that we are able to import accurate records for the future. Anything else to try?
04-06-2009 08:42 PM
David, I've spent the better part of a day trying to import a commercial database into Act! 2009 Standard. I went through the Act! KnowledgeBase a number of times trying to figure out what the problem was. I've been using Act! since version 2.0 for DOS (over 20 years), so I'm no novice when it comes to using Act!. I found the KnowledgeBase (KB) quite ineffectual. The search KB functions that were available in the past have been changed (not for the better) and I was completely unable to narrow my search critera to arrive at a reasonable number of relevant articles. By late today, I had determined that the problem was related to duplicate checking during the import process. It did not occur to me to turn off duplicate checking in the preferences. Finally, I joined the forum this evening and after running a few searches I was led to this article. Please pass my frustration to management. Your KB search process needs serious improvement.