Do you mean 

Having problems between Act, Outlook and Word

Having problems between Act, Outlook and Word

Let me get the program details out of the way first Smiley Happy

I am using Act Pro Version 16.2.14.0 Hot Fix 2

I am using Microsoft Office 2013

I am using Windows 7 home pro

Now on to the problem.

Recently i started noticing that i was having some problems not being able to check my email with outlook.  Then it got to where i couldn't even open outlook.  So, I uninstalled Microsoft office and re-installed it.  When i started using office again after the re-installed, i noticed that it didn't recognize Word or Excel as the defaults to open docx and xls files.  I tell you this, because up until the point of where i was having these problems i was able to Sync the calendar from Act and also use my templates that i had created in Word.

Now when I try to Sync the Calendar to Outlook or I try to use a template that i created with word I get this Error Message:

Unable to Cast COM Object of type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.'ApplicationClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook._Application'.  Of course, when i try to open the word template the error message uses word instead of outlook.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this. 

Nickel Contributor

Re: Having problems between Act, Outlook and Word

You could try the following KB article http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33143 the problem will be due un-installing Office and then re-installing it. Make sure if you do change anything in the registry you back it up first. 

Alternatively you can un-install ACT! and re-install but I would try the above link first

Hi...Tried it and now my outlook won't open.  As i said...I didn't downgrade office...I just re installed 2013.  I guess i've messed up everything now.  If you know anything else for me to try, i'd appreciate it.

Copper Super Contributor

Hello Demetria,

sorry for the late response was pretty busy the last week.

As i can see you open a new thread so i´ll post here.

We got a costumer with the same issue at his case the following patch fix the issue:

(patch)

Please give it a try and let me know what happen.

Best Regards

David

Nickel Contributor

If you cant open Outlook you could try and open it up by the following to see if it helps

1) Right mouse click the outlook icon and run as administrator to see if that works.

2) in the search box type outlook.exe /safe to start it up in safe mode. (or use the run dialogue box by clicking the Windows Key + r)