Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having more than one database open at a time

Having more than one database open at a time

I just upgraded to Act 2013 and i heard some where that you can have more than one database open at a time. If so how do we do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Having more than one database open at a time

Hi Sorry for posting so late into the conversation.

So i do have our ACT 2013 hosted on an Azure server, Currently our staff is able to access our 2 databases via VPN, however we are encountering an issue with Syncing. It seems that unless the main database is open we are unable to to Sync to it.

Is it possible to set it to have 2 instances/databases of ACT running at the same time so that we can have the sync work more efficently?

No, you can't have two databases open at the same time. You didn't specify if you're using ACT! Pro or Premium. If it's Pro then ACT! must have the database open to sync to it. If Premium there is a sync server a7available and ACT! doesn't need to have the database open.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Im currently running ACT! 2013 Premium. When i tested the sync earlier it would only work while the main database was open at the same time.

Knowing i probably didnt configure the databases properly to use it with a sync server, how would i go about setting that up? Is it through the Sync. Panel or do i also need to setup the Remote Sync. feature or something else?

The sync server is a separate install from the ACT! setup.While not dificult to install and configure, it does need to be done right. You might want to consider hiring an ACC aid with the setup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Where can i find this install, i dont see it under the products page or download center? If this seems a bit more complicated than we can manage, i will definitely contact an ACC for help.

Run the setup for the ACT! program and it's one of the install options.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129