Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having difficulty reinstalling database in ACT 9

Having difficulty reinstalling database in ACT 9

I had a computer crash which resulted in needing to have OS and programs reinstalled. ACT was reinstalled but not the database. I have found the ADF file but when I try and open it I get a message telling me that the database can not be accessed and am told to disable the firewall. I have turned off the firewall but continue to get the same error message. I am running XP Pro. Thanks to all for any assistance.

Re: Having difficulty reinstalling database in ACT 9

Are you able to open or create a databaseCheck to see if the SQL service is started.

- Close ACT!

- Go to Start and select Run.

- Type in services.msc and click Ok.

- Find SQL Server (ACT7) and start the service.

Thanks for your response David. I restarted the SQL service and I was able to create a NEW database but could not open the existing database. When I tried I got the same error message that it could not be accessed and to turn off any firewalls.

- Go to Start and select Run

- Type in actdiag and click Ok.

- Select Database > Database List.

- See if your database is listed as Suspect in the Status column.

If it is, follow the KB article below.

Error" "Cannot Access Specified Database..." and the Database is Listed as SUSPECT in the ACT! Diagn...

David, I followed your instructions and everything seemed to be going fine right to step 16, the opening of the database and I got the message "An error occurred while processing the log for database (it named my database). If possible, restore from backup. If a backup is not availabel, it might be necessary to rebuild the log. Could not open new database (named of my database). CREATE DATABASE is aborted. 

Thanks for your continued assistance.