05-06-2009 12:07 PM
05-06-2009 12:39 PM
Are you able to open or create a database? Check to see if the SQL service is started.
- Close ACT!
- Go to Start and select Run.
- Type in services.msc and click Ok.
- Find SQL Server (ACT7) and start the service.
05-06-2009 01:04 PM
05-07-2009 07:25 AM
- Go to Start and select Run
- Type in actdiag and click Ok.
- Select Database > Database List.
- See if your database is listed as Suspect in the Status column.
If it is, follow the KB article below.
05-07-2009 11:11 AM
David, I followed your instructions and everything seemed to be going fine right to step 16, the opening of the database and I got the message "An error occurred while processing the log for database (it named my database). If possible, restore from backup. If a backup is not availabel, it might be necessary to rebuild the log. Could not open new database (named of my database). CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
Thanks for your continued assistance.