12-03-2008 02:24 AM
Hi I had a RDB file, opened it (Unpack and restore Remote database) and made some changes. Then I also have a backup of the RDB file not modified.
I want to open (Unpack and restore Remote database) the unmodified RDB file and make a backup file instead, so I changed name on it but it still says the database already exist so I cant open it without making synchronisation, removing changes done earlier.
12-08-2008 02:28 PM
The remote database name is part of the RDB, so changing the physical name will not make a difference...it will still try to restore the database under the original name. You will either need to remove the other same-named database or try to unpack and restore it on a different machine. There is another method you can try as well.
- Close ACT!
- Go to Windows Start button, then Run and type in actdiag
- Go to Database/Database List and locate the first remote database
- Highlight the database, right-click on it and select Detach...the database will disappear fron the list (don't worry, it has not been deleted)
- Then unpack and restore the RDB you were getting the error...be sure to restore it to a different directory than the original RDB
- After it is restored, then open it and do what you need to do in it
- Go back into Act Diagnostics (actdiag) and detach that database.
- Then browse to and open the original RDB
The reason for the message you are getting is that you can not have 2 databases with the same name attached to SQL.
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.