Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Have Act!9 on two computers. Had to reinstall on one computer but it will not accept the serial number.

Copper Contributor

Have Act!9 on two computers. Had to reinstall on one computer but it will not accept the serial number.

Have Act!9 on two computers. Had to reinstall on one computer but it will not accept the serial number, saying it's already in use. Is there any way to get it to accept it? It worked before.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Have Act!9 on two computers. Had to reinstall on one computer but it will not accept the serial number.

[ Edited ]

Hello Esysy,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please send me your serial number via private message in this forum and I will be happy to verify it for you. To send me a private message, click my user name on the left, then 'Send this user a private message" on the right.

You may also want to try the solution in the following Knowledgebase article:

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Have Act!9 on two computers. Had to reinstall on one computer but it will not accept the serial number.

I saw no issues with the serial number. Did you try the solution in the Knowledgebase article I linked in my previous post?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Sorry for the delay. I had issues installing Act on my computer. I tried the suggestion above, but still get the message "The serial number you entered has already been registered and activated". I have Win 7 and I could not find the file "Registrationdata.xml" the instructions directed, and yes, I changed the option to show hidden files. I don't know what to do next.
Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.