Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hanheld HP Ipaq synch problems

Hanheld HP Ipaq synch problems

HELP!!  I have tried everything to synch my HP Ipaq to Act. I have 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.2.191. After i downloaded an update last week I can no longer synch my Ipaq. I tried removong Act synch and reinstalling, i have checked all the settings and still get a message that says "no database is associated with this device. Please check your settings and try again." I have Windows XP and Office 2007 Professional. Could it be the microsoft active synch that is causing the trouble? my email is jamesmcgr@yahoo if anyone can help me.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hanheld HP Ipaq synch problems

there was some update to the version 10.0

ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.2.191

Then, I think you'll need to download the new 10.02 link from the downloads page.

Beyond that, I can't help as I use Handheld Contact to link to PocketPC

I have  2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.2.191 but you are saying i need 10.02?

I thought there was an updated version of the link as well that wasn't part of the main update.

I tried uninstalling Microsoft active sync and then re-installing. I have tried to uninstall Act link for pocket pc several times and it will not disappear from the add/delete programs area although I keep getting a message that it has been successfully uninstalled. I tried installing over the Act for pocket pc and it keeps telling me there is no established a pocket pc partnership and cannot continue. I also somehow have 2 Act 2008 10.0 programs in my add/remove programs window. I am thinking of uninstalling all Act programs and reinstalling them. I went to the Act site and tried to download a hot fix and an update and it keeps telling me my serial number is wrong but I know it to be correct.

When I try to remove Act 10.0 the window in the add/remove programs only has the change/remove option and when I open it starts installing the program again. How do I uninstall all of them now?

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible:
Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if still there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework (only 2.0 for ACT! 9/10) from MS web site (only XP, not Vista)-
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 10.02 full install
Install ACT! 10.02 patch if the previous install was the previous build
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot