Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Handling of Notes Syncing with Companionlink and my BB

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Handling of Notes Syncing with Companionlink and my BB

I'm very close to buying Companionlink. I have 600 contacts, which is way under the 1500 or so limit Companionlink tells me it can handle. However, I have nearly 15 years of notes that go with those contacts in ACT (using ACT since DOS versions). If I buy Companionlink and sync my Blackberry, will ALL the notes be put into the notes field in one continual text stream? Will it at least give me a line break between dates? Or... Can I archive or limit the dates in ACT to say... the last 18 months, and sync with only those notes. I've emailed Companionlink a number of times with no response. Any help greatly appreciated! RBT

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author HebrewsC4V12
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Handling of Notes Syncing with Companionlink and my BB

CompanionLink can handle an unlimited number of contacts; your only limitation is the amount of storage available on your BlackBerry. On most BlackBerry devices, we’re finding that this limit is greater than 10,000. 

CompanionLink lets you choose how many notes you want to sync, up to a maximum of 25 per contact. Each separate ACT! note will appear in the BlackBerry contact notes field, separated by a line break.  Here’s a screenshot of how it will look:

http://www.companionlink.com/graphics/notes-histories.png

The most recent notes are synchronized first, so that if you have more than the maximum number of notes allowed per contact, the most recent notes will still appear in your handheld device.

Our software syncs data directly to the NATIVE applications on the BlackBerry.  We don’t install a separate database on the BB device. 

If you need additional support, please call us at 503-243-5200. 

Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you really wants Notes/Histories linked to ACT! on a Blackberry, you should really be looking at Handheld Contact.

It supports up to 2500 contacts and you can select how many Notes and which History types to sync to the device. Each Note/History is a seperate entry with Handheld Contact

Solution
Accepted by topic author HebrewsC4V12
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

CompanionLink can handle an unlimited number of contacts; your only limitation is the amount of storage available on your BlackBerry. On most BlackBerry devices, we’re finding that this limit is greater than 10,000. 

CompanionLink lets you choose how many notes you want to sync, up to a maximum of 25 per contact. Each separate ACT! note will appear in the BlackBerry contact notes field, separated by a line break.  Here’s a screenshot of how it will look:

http://www.companionlink.com/graphics/notes-histories.png

The most recent notes are synchronized first, so that if you have more than the maximum number of notes allowed per contact, the most recent notes will still appear in your handheld device.

Our software syncs data directly to the NATIVE applications on the BlackBerry.  We don’t install a separate database on the BB device. 

If you need additional support, please call us at 503-243-5200. 

Thanks!

Tiffany... THANKS! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Mike & Tiffany:

Thank you both for your recommendations.  I'm sure HebrewC4V12 will find the product that will best suit their needs.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.