Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Handle 0 is not valid

Handle 0 is not valid

Hi, I am trying to print a fax cover from Act and get the error message in the subject line. actually I get it trying to print anything under the "write" drop down list. Simply...printing is not working at all.

Ever since I converted from an older version to Act 2009 I've had nothing but problems. Anyone who knows why I get the error message and what I need to do in order to make Act print.

I'd be most grateful for any help...

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Handle 0 is not valid

Does this happen with other templates?

ACT! Wordprocessor or Word?

What are you trying to print to?

I am having this same problem when trying to print from the File-Print menu - Address book of any kind - all give me the same message.
Copper Elite Contributor

In Vista, turn off UAC. This will resolve the error
Scott Lahn
Sage ACT! Customer Support

What is UAC in Vista that i have to turn off to not get "handle 0 is not valid?
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi

UAC is one of the many security features in Vista that causes a couple issue with different programs. 

To turn of UAC try following the following link "How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®". 

You could also try and print the address book to a different printer like Microsoft image writer printer or any .pdf printer and see if that prints fine.

Message Edited by Snowflake on 06-02-2009 04:31 PM

I am having the same error message.  I dissabled UAC in Vista and it didn't make a difference.  I printed the same report last week without any issues.  I just said save to .PDF but it didn't print there either.  Then I saved that copy of the pdf file.  I opened the .pdf in Photoshop CS4 and added a white layer underneath.  Then it printed.  That was a hassle.