Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Handheld Contact versus DejaOffice

Handheld Contact versus DejaOffice

I'm trying to decide between getting either Handheld Contact or DejaOffice for keeping my contacts on a mobile device.  I wanted to see if any of you have had the opportunity to recently use both Handheld Contact and DejaOffice and can tell me your preferences and the pros and cons of each that you've observed?

(by the way Companion Link is the software that appears to be the most commonly used to synch contacts to DejaOffice whereas Handheld Contact appears to have its own synch software --- thus since you have to buy Companion Link to use Deja Office price isn't much of an issue in the comparison --- I'm really interested in hearing if any of you have done a side by side comparison and have any preference regarding ease of use, reliability and features).

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Handheld Contact versus DejaOffice

Handheld Contact is the only sync solution for ACT! that has never caused duplications in the ACT! database ... it's certainly the most reliable product

Thank you for that input ---- hearing about one product having created problems is exactly the type of thing that would easily tip me from one product to the other. Has Companion Link created duplicates in the mother act database (that you are synching off of) or did it create duplicates in the mobile device database?

If anyone else has any similar perspectives I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

CompanionLink has had quite a few patches to deal with the fact that it creates duplications in the ACT! database .... I still find that it does.

When I first brought this to their attention, they told me it was my "settings" ... but they wouldn't tell me which setting and several of their patches since have been released for that issue
Bronze Super Contributor

I've used both, stopped using Companion Link and have continued using HHC for both our staff and our clients as it's been very reliable.

Thanks Ben --- when you were using Companion Link did you use it to synch onto DejaOffice or some other database app?

Copper Elite Contributor

I have clients using companionlink 5  and dejaoffice to their iphones.  They have experienced duplicate contacts with it in the past, however I think at the moment it might be ok.  Or at the very least they haven't made me aware of the issue arising again.

I've also had the ACT Connect create duplicate contacts in my database, this was a version early on though, and I can't say that I've used it since.

Currently using the HHC myself as well and like it so far.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au

Thanks Cherie --- did you or your clients have any comments about the dejaoffice app or about how it compares to the handheld contact app?

Copper Elite Contributor

Its mostly just a few random issues (connectivity) with companionlink that concerned them.  They are new clients to me, and the previous ACC set them up with companionlink and dejaoffice.  So, given that they have current subscriptions for that, I haven't showed them HHC yet, but when it gets closer to renewal time, I will be suggesting they take a look.

Cherie Buttsworth
ACT! Certified Consultant
Simply PC
cherie@simplypc.com.au
Bronze Super Contributor

I wasn't using deja, but I do have one client who does. That client likes it.

My personal preference is HHC.