Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hamachi Sync Issue

Astute Commentator

Hamachi Sync Issue

I have a customer with a Publisher database and two Remotes.   For months they were able to sync just fine via Hamachi.  Now they are both getting "ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that Network sync service is running...".

Accept incoming sync is enabled.

All are running the same version of ACT (12.1.101.0 hotfix 1)

I am on the same Hamachi network as they are and I can see them online.  Hamachi can ping the Remote machines just fine but I get a timeout when I try to ping the Publisher machine.

We have the same problem whether the Publisher's machine is connected wirelessly or plugged in.

And the REALLY weird thing is....the same thing is happening with a completely different customer in another state.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hamachi Sync Issue

Version of Hamachi? Software firewall?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Super Contributor

Be sure to check the IP address assigned to the server through Hamachi, and the defined IP within the remote. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Astute Commentator

Hamachi version 2.1.0.124

Windows firewall is turned off

Also forgot to mention that the Publisher can ping (via Hamachi) the remotes but the remotes cannot ping the publisher.  

Astute Commentator

gmartin wrote:

Be sure to check the IP address assigned to the server through Hamachi, and the defined IP within the remote. 

How do I check these?

Platinum Super Contributor

Here are the instructions for setting up the Hamachi VPN, they contain the steps for checking/updating the IP address: KB Article 23333

Greg Martin
Sage