Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Had to reinstall Act! 9. Have two computers. It will not accept the serial number.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Had to reinstall Act! 9. Have two computers. It will not accept the serial number.

I tried the solution in the Knowledgebase article mentioned in a previous post, but still get the message "The serial number you entered has already been registered and activated". I have Win 7 and I could not find the file "Registrationdata.xml" the instructions directed, and yes, I changed the option to show hidden files.
I don't know what to do next.
Your help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Esysy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Had to reinstall Act! 9. Have two computers. It will not accept the serial number.

I know I'm a little slow....But I got it. Thanks for putting up with me.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Had to reinstall Act! 9. Have two computers. It will not accept the serial number.

Hello Esysys,
Please send me the serial number you are attempting to register with via private message in this forum. To send me a private message, click my user name on the left, then "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The serial number you sent me is fine. Have you disabled User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7? If not, instructions are here:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2566...

Also, are the machines using 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Win 7?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

UAC is off and it's a 32 bit system. Still doesn't accept serial number, saying it's already in use.

Just to verify, you looked for the RegistrationData.xml file in this location: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ActData

The "ProgramData" folder is a hidden file.

Greig Hollister

Solution
Accepted by topic author Esysy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I know I'm a little slow....But I got it. Thanks for putting up with me.