Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTML-template for MailMerge in ACT!2008, is it possible???

HTML-template for MailMerge in ACT!2008, is it possible???

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading to ACT2008! but ONLY IF it supports to MailMerge with HTML-templates. I have downloaded and now testing the trial version, but I cant find out how to do this. Is it possible at all? (if it's not, I'll not upgrade, instead I'll create my own "Excel-html-merge-mailer".

//Viccy

Re: HTML-template for MailMerge in ACT!2008, is it possible???

MailMerge HTML-templates? Is it possible in Act!2008 using outlook??

This is great interest to me also

Bashor
Dennis Bashor
Dennis.Bashor@coldwellbanker.com

Yes, I use the mail merge feature extensively with Outlook 2003 and a product called High Impact Email version 4.0 from Templatezone.  Check it out at www.templatezone.com

You meen, wee need to buy High Impact Email to perform this because ACT!2008 can't ALONE mail merge HTML-templates? 
In that case it's not useful for me to upgrade, because this can easily be done with Excel.
Copper Contributor

Don't be too surprised, Viccy.

Plan on spending big $$ on add-ons to get ACT to be useful.
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

viccy wrote:
You meen, wee need to buy High Impact Email to perform this because ACT!2008 can't ALONE mail merge HTML-templates?
In that case it's not useful for me to upgrade, because this can easily be done with Excel.

ACT is not a mass-mail sender but a contact manager. The goal is not the same.

What are you looking for? A powerful software to send HTML email or a Contact Manager to track your activity/history with your contacts?

If your answer is "both", I'll tell you is for that there exist add-on. To answer specific need for some users!

Most of my customer only use mail merge for simple and little e-mailing. Those who want more are happy to find add-on to encounter their needs.

Message Edited by m4y on 03-14-2008 07:28 PM

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

ACTisHORRIBLE wrote:
Don't be too surprised, Viccy.
Plan on spending big $$ on add-ons to get ACT to be useful.

It is not the case because it is not Sage who develop add-ons and they surely prefer nobody need it!

Ok, ACT is not perfect, quite as any other software which answers standard needs. It is for that that there is a lot of add-ons: to answer specific needs.

Message Edited by m4y on 03-14-2008 10:43 PM

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Platinum Elite Contributor

viccy wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading to ACT2008! but ONLY IF it supports to MailMerge with HTML-templates. I have downloaded and now testing the trial version, but I cant find out how to do this. Is it possible at all? (if it's not, I'll not upgrade, instead I'll create my own "Excel-html-merge-mailer".

//Viccy

I recommend you get either MergeMaster or SwiftPage to do this directly from ACT! - much faster, handles OptOut automatically and reports on who got the emails

m4y wrote:
ACT is not a mass-mail sender but a contact manager. The goal is not the same.

Most of my customer only use mail merge for simple and little e-mailing. Those who want more are happy to find add-on to encounter their needs.

Its 2008 now and communication with customers is done with e-mail. And today it use to be HTML-based e-mails. Mass-mails or not, I think it is poor that I cant send html-based mail to my customers using ACT! alone.

I feel your pain viccy. I just upgraded to v10.0 because of a computer crash and a forced change to Vista...litle did I know going from 2004--2008 and v6.0 to 10.0 that I would actually LOSE functionality! The HTML email merges were essential to my business.

I'll let you know if I discover a suitable workaround.

Mark