Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTC Hero with ACT will it work

HTC Hero with ACT will it work

I am looking at buying the new HTC Hero by sprint.   Anybody know if it work work with ACT  2005 or will I have to go to another sync method?  I think thay call it a Android phone??
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HTC Hero with ACT will it work

You'll probably need one of the addons to do this like Handheld Contact which has three editions (including a free one) depending on how much data you want

Avid Listener

I got a Droid Eris.  Companionlink has a way to sync through to Google.  That is the least expensive way I found to make it work.  

[ Edited ]

CompanionLink is about to release wired sync with Android, "Droid", G1, G2, Hero, Eris and all other flavors of Google OS phones.

This will do Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks/To-Do items from ACT! to the Phone via the USB Cable that ships with the phone.  Requires no other desktop software, and you don't need to go through Wifi or Google. This is a completely secure non-cloud way to move your key customer and calendar information to your new cell phone.

Here are some details: http://www.companionlink.com/androidusb/beta.html

Message Edited by Clcto on 12-17-2009 07:30 AM
Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
http://www.companionlink.com
Bronze Super Contributor

Give serious consideration to upgrading your version of Act!.  2010 is worlds improved over 2005...

Think 'Star Trek:  The Motion Picture' as compared to the one that came out this past May.

'nuff said

C'mon Sage- it has been years since the good ol' Act><Palm link which worked really well.  We are all carrying around Smartphones and all Sage can do is punt and let CompanionLink handle it.  That is really weak!  How about a REAL Act><Smartphone link option??!?!?!?!!?!?

Thanks for that!  Quite a lot of work went into that blog and I need to study it further- I too like the idea of Act Mobile Live, but it doesn't seem to have a solution for some of the good Android based phones out there and it doesn't seem like Act really cares enough to make it into what it could be.

I'll need to look into that application that you recommend a bit more.

Clearly (my opinon) the Android phones are going to be the way to go - yes, iphones are hot, but 1) you have a dictator running the show, and 2) no open platform- so obviously the Android phones are going to dominate the market in the future.  One would think Sage would have recognized that, and have already developed a kick ass sync system for them, but of course not!!

Anyway- thanks again for the quick response and thanks for the thorough review of this issue.

Hello Act People.  

I am a mess.  I have an outlook contact list of over 1000 names I work with.  I like the Google phone HTC incredible  because of the open source prospect on multiple programs and the fact it will be the standard for all phones from now on. Android system will mature to a great enterprise communication tool.   With that - right now my contacts are a mess. Google doesn't append emails, addresses, company names ( associate names with company) etc. Would like to consider starting from scratch.  My lovely daughter has volunteered to do the data entry.  I have read the community stuff here and would like to know if linking with sage Act is a good solid way to go. As most people I save names, emails and numbers on my phone as well as on my desk top,  Info from scratch pads, business cards and phone messages are done daily or weekly to keep up. Looking for an option of choice, which will grow with me as I change phones. ( we all do every two years... or less)  My question is:  If your me what would you do?   

any answers are rubbed down with heavy thanks. 

MpB  : feel free to email me