Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HOW TO TRANSFER TO A NEW COMPUTER WITHOUT INSTALL DISC

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: HOW TO TRANSFER TO A NEW COMPUTER WITHOUT INSTALL DISC

Oops didn't recall you said Act! v18.  Make sure you do HELP > ACT! NOTIFICATIONS and make sure you are on the latest version of v18.  Once you are go to HELP > ABOUT ACT and make sure you have that license number written down somewhere.  You may find the number has changed, that is because it used the OLD version initially and then with the update it updated your license number too.  That's the one you are going to want to use on your new machine.

Here is the latest info on v18.

CLICK HERE

-Bud

Bud Rice

Pleasanton, CA

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

yes..so i got a new serial number and was able to activate it, but now i get this pop up everytime i open act..and if i follow the prompts it just says its already activated and closes act...i am simultaneously emailing support but you guys are quicker...ha

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Got to Help > ABOUT ACT! and confirm the version you are on. You can do a screen shot showing the version but DO NOT show the license number in the middle of the screen.

Usually this screen means you actually haven't registered and activated.

-Bud

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

well after some back and fourth with support we finally got it working today..i had to delete act and some of its files, and download a new version they sent me along with a new serial number..we are good to go now..thanks for the help guys..