Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP!

HELP!

I am using ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.2.76.0.

I opened my database today and made a few modifications to one of my databases (I have 3 seperate databases) and may have mucked something up!

If you go to the company screen, the contacts that were linked to the company have dissapeared in the "contacts tab", if you go into the individual contact they still show as being linked. If I click on the contacts tab area i get an error message saying

"invalid parameters for select method), however if I double click where the conatcs used to show then it will go to a list of the linked contacts.

At first I thought it maybe because there are no columns showing, I try to add the contact and email columns and get an error message saying "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

Can any one help!!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: HELP!

[ Edited ]

Hello Gwinnutt,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

You'll first need to determine if it is specific to your database (and your changes).  To do this, open the ACT! Demo database and test accessing the Company screen.  If the error occurs in the Demo also, it may be corrupted ACT! Preference files causing the problem.  For instructions on rebuilding your Preference files review this article: KB Article 14770.

If it does not fail in the Demo, in your database(s) try running Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.

Greg Martin
Sage