Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP! unable to install ACT! PRO v16 Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe.

HELP! unable to install ACT! PRO v16 Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe.

I am getting the following error message when launching ACT! PRO V16 on my windows 7 PC

Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling

renaming the ACT! folder

still getting this message

how do I fix?

Silver Super Contributor

Re: HELP! unable to install ACT! PRO v16 Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe.

I am sorry to say that the earliest version of ACT that you can install and activate is ACT v18.1

The problem you have is different but even if fixed you will never be able to use it. ACT changed it's licencing a couple of years ago and retrospectively patched anything from 18.1. Anything earlier will never be able to be activated.

My answer in more details from a blog some time ago

https://community.act.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/ACT/message-id/87347

Re: HELP! unable to install ACT! PRO v16 Windows cannot find c:\program files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe.

[ Edited ]

this is a perpetual license so it should work.   my issue is different than what you described.

anyone able to assist?

Silver Super Contributor

No version of ACT before ACT V18.2 can now be activated. The 3rd party company that did this no longer provide this service and that included perpetual licences.

I know your problem is different but if you solve it you still cant use this V16 product as you can never activate the licence.

More info direct from Swiftpage here -

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024431773-Licensing-Software-Update-Versions-v17-and-earli...

You do need to read this.

hi

while i understand Unsupported products are not eligible for service packs, hotfixes, or compatibility updates.   this should not preclude me from installing the sw as it has not even connected to the Swift servers to check activation.

i believe the error I am receiving has something to do with previous versions not being completely uninstalled.   if anyone knows how to use actdiag to help me reconnect/restore that might solve the issue.

Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, I followed these directions and renamed the folder but the error still pops up.  wondering if there is some remnants of the previous install out there

anyone know how to fix?

is there anything in actdiag I should use to reestablish connection?

Copper Super Contributor

Fixing it is pointless, as was stated before, as the license key you own will NOT activate the program. Links with more explanations have been provided.

Sad, but true.

Kind Regards,
Thomas
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Consulting and Development for CRM-Software

If you are facing any software related issues like application stopped working, boot loop issues, dead issues and IMEI issues, you can use firmware file to fix the issues. This file is unique for every phone.
https://firmwareflashfiles.com/lyf-f90m/jio
Silver Super Contributor

WE have told Gretadeals countless times that he is never going to be able to run the software even if he gets it working but seems just not willing to accept it. Anyway not going to waste any more time on this thread.