Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP: Slow Performance - ACT 2008 (v.10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1) & Win-XP SP3

JAF

HELP: Slow Performance - ACT 2008 (v.10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1) & Win-XP SP3

Help!  Has anyone experienced the following ACT 2008 (v.10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1) performance issue and found a solution?

* Issue:  entering new calendar entries (meetings, calls, to-do's) and clearing completed activities can take up to 20 seconds per transaction vs. under a second as it did in the past. This is a MAJOR headache and cripples my productivity. This problem sometimes  occurs when entering a new contact in the database, but usually not, and seems to occur most often on calendar days where I have more than 30 activities (meetings, calls, to-do's) vs. a calendar date with only a handful of activities.

* Performance has been good for the last 4 years I've been using ACT and its various versions (ACT 2004, 2006, & now ACT 2008). I've continued to import & convert my original database as I've upgraded to newer versions of ACT.

* I recently installed Microsoft's Windows-XP Service Pack 3 (SP3). That seems to be the only significant change to my system. I had also installed ACT 2008 v.10.0.2 & its hotfix, but thought that was causing the performance problem and have since removed ACT completely from my PC and reinstalled the original CD (v.10.0.0.237 Hotfix 1). However, I am still experiencing the same performance issues. I was on the phone with ACT Tech Support in India and the Phillipines for a total of 2.5 hours and did what they suggested -- all with no success in solving the problem.

* Database size is ~50MB; all old history, notes, & cleared activities have been deleted & the database reindexed - both from within ACT and running "actdiag" from Windows XP Start menu

* My HP laptop is running Win-XP Professional 2002 w/ SP3 and has 2 GB of RAM and a 2.2 GHz Intel processor (very fast!)

Thoughts anyone?

JAF - California

Re: HELP: Slow Performance - ACT 2008 (v.10.0.0.237, Hotfix 1) & Win-XP SP3

Hi

Did you ever solve your problem of ACT running slowly? Ours has just started running slowly after a Windows XP update.

Thanks

I am having the same problem, can anyone help?
Nickel Elite Contributor

This Microsoft knowledgebase article may apply here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960417

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

That MS hotfix worked like a charm! Thank you so much

I tried the hotfix and had no noticeable improvement in performance.

HELP!

Nickel Contributor

I ahve tried the hotfix from Microsoft also, but I notice that the first few activities I clear the activity very quickly.  After that, it goes back to the same 5-15 seconds as it was before.  I have all the required perfomance tweaks that Sage suggests completed, and I even went further than that with additional XP and Internet tweaks but to no avail.  I have posted this issue on two separate forum topics and nothing has been solved. 

I can't stand having to sit there and watch this happening and of course Sage does nothing about it.  This is a major issue.  Most companies are holding off buying the 2010 version because they want all the bugs that Sage seems to never get right after each yearly release.  This really really stinks because there are so many people who are seeing this happen.

Something is causing the form to linger much longer than it should.  This is my only gripe. Everything else is fine.

PLEASE SAGE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.  PRETTY PLEASE?  WITH SUGAR ON TOP?

Pat