Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP PLEASE: Error Msg "Object has been deleted" When Attempting Mail Merge

Copper Contributor

HELP PLEASE: Error Msg "Object has been deleted" When Attempting Mail Merge

Hello All:

Using Act 2012 and Word 2010, I'm trying to merge a template with one contact. The template is in the same directory as the contact. After choosing the template (which I created and saved as an .adt file)... then WRITE... then MAIL MERGE... WORD PROCESSOR... I finish and instead of seeing the merged letter, I get an error window "Object has been deleted."  Can someone please help with this? Thanks so much.

Bronze Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE: Error Msg "Object has been deleted" When Attempting Mail Merge

I would suggest that this is a problem with the template. Did you test some of the other standard templates?

Run the repair tools in Word and make sure that you have the latest updates to Word.

Failing this delete the normal.docx (whihc is the default template for Word) and this will often fix the problem

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

Re: HELP PLEASE: Error Msg "Object has been deleted" When Attempting Mail Merge

Thanks so much Paul. Yes, it was the template. I'm not quite sure what exactly was the issue, but I simply changed some merge fields and it seems to be working now. Many thanks...