Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP!!! Numerous error msgs when attempting to reinstall ACT!2007

HELP!!! Numerous error msgs when attempting to reinstall ACT!2007

Hello:
Will someone please help me with this problem!  It started off first with all of a sudden my ACT did not open; then, my Outlook would show a box 'Managed MAPI Service Catastrophic Failure- could not initialize CLR-unknown error 0x8013150A
I uninstalled & then reinstalled as suggested by an ACT rep....  Now, the program does not install correctly with numerous error msgs during installation:
'SecurityCmdLnApp.exe has encountered a problem'
'Microsoft.net Assembly Registration Utility encountered a problem'
'ActEmail.exe has encountered a problem'
'EmailConverter.exe has encountered a problem'
All of the above ended with prompting me to send an error report.

Can someone PLEEEEASE help!!!!  I need the program for my business and we are in a hold mode until I get the program up & running again.

Thanks!
Annette
Copper Contributor

Re: HELP!!! Numerous error msgs when attempting to reinstall ACT!2007

Hi Annette,

It sounds like you have some system-level issues... I assume you're running XP - are you current on Windows Updates?  After that I might try uninstalling all "Microsoft .Net..." items from Add/Remove Programs.  Then try to re-install ACT!

Also, see this post for Mike's more detailed instructions on a more in-depth re-install process:
http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=2682

HTH,
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

Hi Jason:
thank u for your response.  i tried uninstalling the 'Microsoft.net' programs but i get an error msg: 'THe installation source for this product is not availalble- verify that the source exists and that you can access it'
What do i do now?
Thanks so much.  I appreciate your response.
Annette

Copper Contributor

Hi Annette,

Try downloading it from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/net/Framework2.aspx

After downloading try running the installation and it may give you a repair or remove/uninstall option.

Good luck!  :-)
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

Hello Jason:
Thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, that did not work:  I downloaded what you suggested then tried to uninstall but received the following error messages:
'An error occurred during set up ad a report was created with useful information about the problem encountered'
'Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 has encountered a problem during setup.  Setup did not complete correctly'

Did this twice with same results.

Gee, I am becoming very frustrated; but I truly appreciate your assistance.  Ay other suggestions?

Thanks!
:-)
Annette

Platinum Elite Contributor

Thank you Mike.

I did that and it appeared to work... however, when i tried to install the ACT! program, this error message popped up during the installation:
"Act 2007 is not supported on this edition of SQL Server 2005"  and it did not complete the install.

Help again, please.   Thank you so much
Annette

You might have had 9.01 installed before and your CD might be 9.0 which used a previos patch of SQL

Try downloading the install from here - http://tinyurl.com/2znvod

Hopefully it's already updated with 9.01

If that doesn't work, you'll need to do this... but don't do it if you have another SQL application installed that you use

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible:
Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if istill there
Uninstall MSXML Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework from MS web site (only for XP, not Vista)- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 9.0
Install ACT! 9.01 patch if the previous install was the previous build
Install Hotfix 3 from the Knowledge Base
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

Thanks Mike.  That url you gave me is where i downloaded ACT! 2007 from after I uninstalled the program (I never received a disk, just a link to go to in order to get the product), so it is already on my computer.

So, I tried to follow the procedure you spelled out but the SQL programs do not uninstall - I don't know why, when I press the button 'remove', it just flashes but does not take me anywhere to uninstall or remove.

You must have some weird damage in your Windows OS.... might be better to back up, re-format and reinstall

But, failing that, try this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909967