Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP!!! I think I blew up my ACT 2010!!!

HELP!!! I think I blew up my ACT 2010!!!

Hello everyone,

I was recently using my act 2010 and my laptop shut down improperly, and when I restarted it, it gave me an error message saying that one of the files - do not remember what was the name- was not present...I looked it up in the forum and found what that somebody had the same issues, and the solution was to uninstall act and re-install it...I did the uninstall with no issues, but when I went to re-install that's when it all came crashing down!!!  It gave me several messages while it was installing and when it finally installed (needless to say) it did not work.  Tried uninstalling it again using the Act Uninstaller, and now that program crashes as well...HELP!!!  I need to get this solved as I NEED this program to run my business.

Thanks in advance,

Jose Sanchez

Re: HELP!!! I think I blew up my ACT 2010!!!

I tried re-installing it again and here are the error messages that I got:

Prereq has stopped working

PDestroy.exe has stopped working

MachineConfigUpdater.exe has stopped working

SecurityCmdLnapp.exe has stopped working

Microsoft.net assemby registration utility has stopped working

email converter has stopped working

.net framework installation utility has stopped working

act.outlook service has stopped working

it installed, but when I try to access it, it gives me the message:

Setup has encountered an error. 

Yep, I blew it alright!!!

Please ACT Gurus HELP!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jose,
With that many errors, it appears that Microsoft .NET may be damaged. You can try uninstalling Microsoft .NET 3.5, and any programs starting with "Microsoft SQL Server". Then reboot, and run the ACT! install again (this will include an install of .NET).

If this does not work you may want to consider doing a system restore to the latest time before the crash.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hello Greig, I uninstalled all the .Net and all the sql programs, tried reinstalling and got the same messages... also did a system restore, which put me back to the exact date when all went kabloowy...tried re-installing and nothing... I would hate to have to upgrade to Act 2012 (already have the software) since one of the add ons that I have will not work with 2012 and I really need that add on!!! any other recommendations!! Thanks, Jose