Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP! I'm trying to send a mass email with HTML in the body.

[ Edited ]

I can't figure out how act! handles html. A coworker of mine says that he only uses .TPL files with act to edit and send out. Can someone tell me how I can use HTML with act? The bottom line is, am I stuck with only plain text for the body of an email I send out?

Please help clear up some of this confusion. I need to send out a newsletter and it can not be just plain text. It needs to have color, fonts, images, hyperlinks, etc... all of the fun features that come with html.

as always- THANKS FOR THE HELP!

I'm beginning to think I'm going to need to use a mass email software just for this purpose. It appears that ACT! is deisnged for managing a database of people and not sending emails to those people.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: HELP! I'm trying to send a mass email with HTML in the body.

Hi Andrey,

we normaly recomend to use outlook as email client. this will give you more options for layouts.

if you want to add pictures to your mail then we strongly recomend to use a service like i.e. Swiftpage, or outreach both tools with totaly different aproches, so you should consider to talk to an ACC who can give you some recomendations.

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Bronze Contributor

I concur about using Outlook for eMail newsletter distribution.

In fact, I recommend that you keep the eMail to text only and publish the newsletter online with the only HTML being the URL. 

Malware and Spam filters look for a certain amount of graphics to determine if it is to go directly into the junk folder.

Using Swiftpage will provide you the ability to do drip marketing - another measurement to identify Spam - too many eMails from the same domain arriving within a certain time period.

The other option I recommend is to save your newsletter as PDF and attach. 

These are recommendations based on experience.  My newletter eMails have fewer than 1% bounceback.

Just my 2 cents worth.  Unfortunately, I generally get change back.  Good luck.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

i totaly agree, that a short email is much better as a long neat email.

but most companys want to send out mails in the CI of the company,

Regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Elite Contributor

as some users asked me what i ment with the word CI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_identity

sorry for any confusion. In germany it is clear that CI stands for Corporate Identity

Regards

Ingo

ACC since 1995

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

thanks for the input, my current strategy is to send about 250 emails an hour out for the newsletter and use html embedded with it by way of a software called atomic email sender. The html images can be linked from the webserver for the company website. As far as the blocking goes, I believe I'm sending the emails via an smtp server linked to the domain for the website. I dont think it'll get blocked but I will learn more about this "email drip marketing" with the "swiftpage" i assume it's a service. I do thank you again for the input and I will post if I have more questions. It seems everyone is in agreement that ACT! does not support html in the email body.