Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP! Database won't open after windows backup restores file?!

HELP! Database won't open after windows backup restores file?!

Hi all...I hope someone can help me with this...we've got over a 1000 leads in this database, and I can't get it to open.  Long story short, I initialized the wrong drive on windows, and wiped out all the data.  So I did a windows restore using a .bkf file, which looked to put everything back in place.  Now, whenever I try to open the file I get:

The database "" cound not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available (it is...I can open the demo db from the same folder).  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.

Is there a way to pull data from the database and then import it to Act!?  This is Act 11 premium I'm working with.  ANy help is HUGLEY appreciated!!!!!!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: HELP! Database won't open after windows backup restores file?!

Do you have files named "database.adf" and "database.alf" in that folder?  You might have to change your view settings so you can see the extensions or right click on the files and select properties.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I tried that, and it didn't work. I'm wondering if the data has been corrupted from the windows backup restore?
Silver Super Contributor

Most Windows backups won't back up a running SQL database.  If those two files aren't in the folder that is your problem.  They weren't backed up so you will need to go back to your most recent ACT! backup or attempt to recover the files off of the old hard drive.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!