10-29-2012 08:01 AM
I have recently downloaded the new Sage 50, and am still using ACT! 2012. So I downloaded Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50... but nothing appears in ACT! 2012 to link my contacts and the two programs together. i don't need to import any contacts, they are already in both systems. I read the guide but none of it is helpful. I had the same problem last year... I have posted the guide below. The portion in BOLD is what I thought iwould need to do but nothing even appears in the setup drop-down menu (as what it is saying). Please help (I also posted this on the ACT! boards with NO responses!)
Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50 Getting Started Guide
Once you install Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50, you can import your Sage 50 customers and vendors into Sage ACT! to quickly create a database of contacts. You can track detailed information on multiple contacts at your clients' companies, link accounting data to contacts, and update or synchronize information between Sage 50 and
Installing Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50
Before installing the Sage ACT! Link, you must install Sage ACT! 2010, 2011, or 2012 and Sage Peachtree 2011, 2012, or Sage 50 2013.
1. Close all programs and disable virus-protection and screen-saver programs on your computer. Make sure you re-enable these after installation is complete!
2. Open the folder where you saved Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50 and click the setup icon.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once the program is installed, set up your database and contacts in Sage ACT!.
Setting Up the Link to Sage 50
You have to specify the Sage 50 driver and the company you want to link to. You can only link to one company per contact database.
1. From the Sage 50 menu, select Setup.
2. Make sure the latest driver for Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50 appears in the Link Driver section. If the latest driver does not appear, click Modify to search for the driver. (If you just installed the program, the program may skip this step.) If the driver is not listed, click the Search the Internet button to find and download the correct driver.
3. Verify that the Sage 50 company you want to link to Sage ACT! appears under Accounting Program Settings. If the company does not appear, click Modify to select a company. (Again, the program may skip this step the first time around, taking you directly to the Change Linked Company window.)
4. When you have selected the latest driver and the company you want to link to, select OK.
Importing Contacts from Sage 50 to Sage ACT!
You can import your Sage 50 customer and vendor records into Sage ACT! to quickly build a database of contacts. You must have Read access to the Sage 50 company to use the Import option.
1. From the Sage 50 menu in Sage ACT!, select Import Accounting Records.
2. Read the message about the importance of backing up and select OK.
3. Select either Customer or Vendor in the Accounting Record list box.
4. To change the filter options, click Edit. For example, you could specify a range of customer IDs or choose to only import active customers.
5. Click Next. The Select Records window shows all the records eligible for import from your Sage 50 company.
6. Select a group of records to import. Click the Select All button to import all records shown.
7. Click Finish and the import process begins.
8. A Security Check dialog will appear if you have security turned on in Sage 50. Enter your Sage 50 User ID and Password, and then select OK.
Linking Your Contacts to Sage 50
When you import contacts from Sage 50, they are automatically linked.
That means you can view accounting data from Sage ACT! or synchronize contact data between Sage ACT! and Sage 50. You can create a contact link, modify a link, or remove a link for individual contacts. To create a new contact link:
1. Open the contact record you want to link.
2. From the Sage 50 menu, select Create/Edit Contact Link.
A Create Contact Link window appears.
3. Select one of the following under Record to Link:
Create a new record in Sage 50 and establish a link
Link to an existing record in Sage 50
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the link you chose.
Once you have linked a contact, you can view accounting information for that contact in Sage ACT!.
Viewing Accounting Data for Linked Contacts
For linked contacts, you can view accounting information from Sage 50, including available credit, current balance, and recent history.
1. Open the contact record you want to view accounting information for.
2. At the bottom of the Contact window, select the Sage 50 tab.
3. Provided the contact is linked, accounting data appears in the bottom pane of the window.
Updating or Synchronizing Contact Information
The Update process synchronizes any changes you have made to contact information between Sage ACT! and Sage 50. You can decide which data “wins” when there are differences between the two programs.
1. From the Sage 50 menu, select Update Linked Contacts.
2. Set the options you would like and click Next.
3. You’re shown the records that will be updated. Click Finish and the Update begins.
A log is created that shows all of the changes made by the Update. You can view the most recent update log at any time by selecting View Update Summary from the Sage 50 menu.
There is a separate Help file for Sage ACT! Link for Sage 50 and accounting-related features. To open this Help file, select Accounting Help Topics from the Help menu. Or, just press F1 from any of the windows available from the Sage 50 menu.
10-31-2012 09:16 AM
10-31-2012 01:26 PM
11-05-2012 06:58 AM
Since the view isn't the issue, there may be a setting within the Sage 50 product or your firewall preventing the applications from communicating. Here is an article with exceptions to add to the firewall/anti-virus software: KB Article 25125
The Sage 50 Link program is actually supported through the Sage 50 support group (not Sage ACT!), you may want to post your issue in the Sage 50 (Canadian version) Community: Sage 50 Accounting (Canadian) Online Community
11-05-2012 10:42 AM
I have Windows 7, and am on a network of computers so that firewall instructions would normally be good, but doesn't help in my case. i went into adding new restrictions in the firewall section but it doesn't make any sense. I have posted this question several times in both the ACT and Sage 50 community forums with no response but yours. I am at a loss and very fustraited with the new installiation of Sage 50 and in connection with ACT!. Nothing has been working properly... these new products were not well thought out.
11-06-2012 08:33 AM
At this point I would recommend that you contact Sage 50 Ca support directly for assistance with this issue. Their contact information can be found at this web page:Sage 50 CA Support