Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP! COLUMNS PREFERENCES ARE LOST WHEN SWITCHING BETWEEN DATABASES.

HELP! COLUMNS PREFERENCES ARE LOST WHEN SWITCHING BETWEEN DATABASES.

Hello, and thanks for trying to help. I have 2 Act! Databases and I use both. I need to have them separate. I have custom fields on both.

When I "Customize Columns" in 'Database A' it only lasts until I "Customize Columns" in 'Database B.' In other words, only the latest customization remains, and the previous customization looses all the custom fields, but retains the default fields.

I'd like to be able to retain the different columns customization on each database, with custom fields and all, even after switching between databases.

There are no options on my Act! version such as "Make the current preferences default," or anything like that. I'm using Windows Vista and my Act! version is 9.

Please help!

Re: HELP! COLUMNS PREFERENCES ARE LOST WHEN SWITCHING BETWEEN DATABASES.

What build of ACT! 2007 are you using (Help | About ACT!)?

Try customizing columns in Database A.  Then close ACT! and open Database B via the PAD file.

ID/Status count

[ Edited ]

Thanks!!! I'm going to try...

Also, we have about 19 numbered statuses as a drop-down list. On a report containing all the contacts, I'd like for it to count how many "Status 16" there are. For example, if we have 1,000 contacts and 155 of them are "Status 16" I'd like for the number "155" to print at the bottom of the report.

Is that possible?

Is that a script or an expression?

What language should I use? For example: "If Status = "Status 16" then count. If not, do nothing"

Please help... Many thanks!

Pamela

Act Developer

Payment Help Center

1-800-609-0892

Message Edited by Payment Help on 10-02-2008 10:22 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ID/Status count

What report are you referring to?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: ID/Status count

It's a report that I created... But can't figure out how to count how many contacts belong to each status.