Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

**HELP** Act7.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services - Act7.exe - No debugger found -

**HELP** Act7.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services - Act7.exe - No debugger found -

It finally happened, my ACT! crashed.

First to let you all know I have uninstalled and reinstalled (or tried) many times.

When I try to start the program I get the following below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Act7.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0x9b4 (2484), Thread id=0xfe8 (4072).

Click OK to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application
------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I click CANCEL I get the following error

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act7.exe - No debugger found

Registered JIT debugger is not available.
An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted
in an error code of 0x2(2).
please check your computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x...
Click to Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had my local computer expert see what he could do and we found an answer on the net sugesting to uninstall .NET and reinstall it.

We uninstalled the ACT! 2005 and the .NET and reinstalled .NET

To no avail. the same probelm occured after reinstalling ACT! 2005 after the new .NET

Please help!
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: **HELP** Act7.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services - Act7.exe - No debugger found -

To be honest the quickets resolution will be to follow the manual uninstall document for act, the get the .net cleanup tool from here http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx, clean off .net 1.1 ONLY!! using that and reinstall ACT!.  May sound a bit drastic but it will certainly get you up and running again in an hour or so and will be faster than trying to diagnose and repair the problem.

Tom

Re: **HELP** Act7.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services - Act7.exe - No debugger found -

Tom,

Where is the manual ACT! uninstall doc located?

MH

Tom,

Remember, I have ACT! 2005
Nickel Super Contributor

I would follow this doc and use the unistaller file http://tinyurl.com/2tadz7
Make sure you check the box to remove the ACT 7 instance.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.

ACT! 7 or 2005 is NOT listed on the url that you gave above.

Please advise
Nickel Super Contributor

It will still work - you will need to download .net 2 to run it though (see about halfway down the doc).  Before you download .net 2 try running the uninstaller - it will prompt you if you need to download .net 2 - it will save you time downloading it if you already have it installed.

Tom

Also,

I do not want to lose my databases.

Will that happen?

I am not SO technical but in sales.

I really need this to be easy.

MH

Is this uninstalled different than uninstalling it thru windows?
Nickel Super Contributor

Your database should be fine - the uninstaller doesn't touch this is any way, it will only remove the program files and SQL instance.  If you are really worried you can take a manual backup of your db.  To do this click Start -> Run -> services.msc -> OK.  In the winodw that follows look for MSSQL$ACT7 (It may not be exactly that but it will be very similar).  Right click on it and choose stop.  Copy your db files (.adf, .alf, database files folder) to a pen drive or something similar.