Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP ACT! Pro Stopped working

Highlighted

HELP ACT! Pro Stopped working

I am getting this error all of a sudden.  I didn't do anything

Windows cannot find 'CSmiley Tonguerogram Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act!.exe

I tried to reinstall the SW (which uninstalled the orig) and still getting error.

anyone know why this occurred and how to fix?

should I install in a different directory or drive?

what about the database that I had all my data?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: HELP ACT! Pro Stopped working

Sounds like your Antivirus is blocking it. See if you can white list act.exe in the AV program, or try disabling temporarily.
Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Highlighted

I have checked my firewall and antivirus software.  still having issue.

tried running straight from the CD not sure why the program is throwing up this error

any idea why?  the actdiag did not work

should I try installing on a different hard drive?

what about my orig database how will I retrieve?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

I’m not sure what you mean by “running from the CD”, but your database should not be effected by the program issues.

The fact that ACTDIAG suggests to me the program is not properly installed, or you have a system issue.

You can try calling us at 1-833-ACT-BOLD for support, but if it takes longer than 5-minutes (and from the sound of things, it will), you will need a support plan in place. It is pretty impossible to diagnose the issue with the details you have provided, so a remote session will be required.

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca
Highlighted

running from the CD meaning the .exe file from the CD directory

do you think installing in a different directory or different hard drive is an option?

if i uninstall and reinstall what happens to my original database?  is it stored in a different directory?  how do I retrieve?

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Uninstalling Act! Does nothing to your database files, anymore than uninstalling MS Word would delete your documents.

Instead of installing to another directory, try deleting the Act! Windows directory (back it up first), and then restart Windows and reinstall Act!.

Running off the CD (which is pretty uncommon these days) is not intended for production use, only for diagnostics. 

Give that a go, and see what happens.

Kq\

Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca