Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HELP. ACT! 2006 reinstall problems

HELP. ACT! 2006 reinstall problems

Two weeks ago, I tried to boot ACT! 2006. I received an error meesage that the app may be corrupt.

Upon reinstalling I got the message,  " an ACT 7 instance of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 has occurred, uninstall instance and reinstall program". 

Another ACT! forum entry suggested "Take a look at the following kb article. How to Use the ACT! Uninstaller.exe file Running the ACT! uninstaller should remove the remaining traces of the ACT7 SQL instance.. Offered by AJones, Sage employee, 02/06/2009.

This did not work. Still unable to reinstall ACT! 2006.

I then referred to ACT! answer 15285, "How to Manually Remove ACT! 2006 for Windows".

- I followed that instruction to the letter.

- When uninstalling, there is a note that Framework.Net components will be removed, but will be reinstalled during the ACT! 2006 reinstall.

When reinstalling, the process goes through most of the reinstall, then I get a dialogue window that the installation could not be completed and has been stopped.

Two issues: I cannot reinstall ACT! 2006 and I do not have Microsoft Framework.Net components for some functions on the internet, i.e. I cannot access the Microsoft Support page with current .Net upgrades and downloads. My Microsoft Auto Update function trys to update this missing .Net updates, but errors when the download links cannot be accessed. Also I cannot access secure pages, like online bill pay.

Any ideas on what to do, try or change.

Thanks in advance.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: HELP. ACT! 2006 reinstall problems

See if you can manually install the .NET framework 2.0 from the original ACT CD's, dotnetfx.exe from the dependencies folder. If that takes then try running your install of ACT.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA