Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups

KS

Groups

Hello.  I am looking for help with creating groups.  For some reason, I have lost the ability to create a new group or subgroup.  When I name a group and then add members and then hit save, nothing happens.  Does anyone have a solution for this or perhaps know why this is happening?  Thanks in advance.

Re: Groups

Were you able to find a solution to your problem? I am having the exact same problem, but have not been able to find a solution. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello KS and Honeywagon,

Welcome to you both!

Try running the Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair option.  Test.

- If that does not resolve the issue, open the Demo database (or create a new database) and test within it.  Does it create the Group successfully?

- What version of ACT! are you running?

- What is the operating system of your computer?

- If it is a shared database, does it work from a different computer?

If you are the only user of the database, try performing a File > Save Copy As > Create  a copy of the database, to recreate the database with a new name and test within the new copy.

Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Super Contributor

I think this can be caused by a duplicate checking issue.  Go to Tools | Preferences | Admin Tab | Duplicate Checking and set the duplicate checking on Groups to something valid.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I was having the same problem........  could not add a new Group.  Used the suggestion of Go to Tools | Preferences | Admin Tab | Duplicate Checking and set the duplicate checking on Groups to something valid.   The progam now works and I am able to add a new Group.  Thanks!!!!

I've used the Tools and check and repair option and also the duplicate checking and still can't add another group. I did the tutorial and know that it should be simple, but I can't seem to add and save. Please advise. Thx SteinbergInvestmentgroup