Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups - columns layout

Groups - columns layout

Hello,

I'm trying to change the columns default layout. I know we can customise the columns adding or removing them but my question is if we can change the 'reset layout' for good.

thanks

Bronze Contributor

Re: Groups - columns layout

If you change the layout and exit ACT then these settings are stored with the preference settings and it should be retained when you come back into ACT so this is a permanent change until you change it again
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but this is a source of constant irritation for me also.  Yes, ACT! "should" retain those columns when you restart ACT!, but it doesn't work in 2009 or 2010.

If you add a column to the contact list view, it is retained until you change it again.

If you add a column to the contact tab in groups,however, it disappears as soon as you exit and restart ACT! and the columns reset to their original factory settings.

Any chance this could get fixed?

Message Edited by ECSI on 10-06-2009 08:12 AM
Best Regards,

Chuck

I just tested in ACT! 2009/2010 and the group columns retrained after restarting ACT!.  You can try rebuilding the Act.UI.IGroupDetailView.ser file

XP:  C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 12

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ACT\ACT for Windows 12

Copper Contributor

I'll try that.  The problem is sometimes it retains it, and other times it doesn't.  The other day, when I opened ACT! an hour after closing it, they were still there.  The next morning, they were gone.

Had an ACC friend tell me that it was a known issue in 2009 -  but he duplicated the problem on his machine this morning in 2010, so it appears to still be around.

Best Regards,

Chuck