Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups and Subgroups

Groups and Subgroups

I have an older version of SAGE act. (Three to four years old).

This is very basic question, but I am flummoxed! 

The issue I am having, is seeing all the contact in a group that contains sub-groups.

When I click on a  group that contains sub-groups, all I see are the contacts that I put in that original group.

If I have dragged other groups into that "Main" group, to make several subgroups within a Main group, I dont see them on a group look up.

I made the assumption that I would abe able to see ALL contacts with in the Main group, THAT INCLUDED the subgroups for a Main group look up.

How do I see everyone in a group that includes subgroups?

Thanks

Best

Renee

Silver Contributor

Re: Groups and Subgroups

If I understand your question correctly, you would like the group membership to "roll up"  for example you have had subgroups, TX, CA, NY, etc, all of their members would be in a parent group called United States.

Unfortunately, ACT is not designed this way.  this would be a feature request.  If you're interested, feature requests can be submitted here

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thank you for your answer. Can you please explain the purpose of a subgroup(s) if they can not be excluded or included in a parent group look up?

Just so I am very clear, my question is if I have a parent group called "Purchased" and I have put  20 retail  clients in that group, along with two subgroups:   Galleries" and another called" Museums" with each subgroup containing 20 clients.

If I do a look up on the parent group "Purchased" you are saying there is no way to see the total 60 contacts? A simple "No you can't do this", will clarify matters for me!

Thanks,

Renee 

Platinum Elite Contributor

It depends on how you populate the groups and subgroups. If Static there isn't any automatic way. If Dynamic you should be able to have a group query that was all inclusive and the subgroups have a portion of the main group.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Silver Contributor

You would have to create the criteria of both groups manually.  The membership of the subgroup would not automatically contribute to the membership of hte main group.  Based upon that, no you can't do that.

It's more of an organization tool, although it would be nice to have the rollup feature.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

When I added a document to a group, it added the document to every group in my database. Is there a way to add documents to individual groups on Sage Premium 2011?