Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Groups- Error Message!

Groups- Error Message!

Using ACT PRO 2011 Version

When I go to Groups, and click on one of the groups created we are getting a pop up that says the following:

ACT has encountered an error.  Please shutdown the application.

I have shut down several times, no changes. I am unable to get this to work, please help!!!

Re: Groups- Error Message!

I have the same issue. Does anyone respond to these? I see several on the list without solutions.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Keith1252,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Unfortunately, not all posts can get answered since this forum is a user-driven site, not a Sage ACT! technical support site. We fill in the gaps when we can, but can't get them all. For you issue, please provide details as to what you are seeing:
- What version of ACT! (from Help > About ACT!)?
- What operating system?
- What is the specific error message and when exactly does it occur?
- Do it happen all the time or just some of the time?
- Is you database local to your machine or are you accessing a shared database over the network? If shared, does this happen with other users?
- Does the same thing happen in demo database (ACT[version#]Demo)?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I have ACT Premium 2012 ver. 14.1.108.0 and like the first poster, every time I try to go to Groups, I get the same error message he is getting. " ACT! has encountered an error. Please shutdown the application." I also have tried turning off and on the computer several times and still get the error message. It began after I added the last new group.I have found I can get around it by going to the top menu, Groups, and clicking on Create Lookup.

Silver Super Contributor

This problem may be a result of having a default value for a group field that exceeds the allowable size of the field or something similar.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!