Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group emails not populating email addresses

Re: Group emails not populating email addresses

He said I couldn't go back.  I would like to if possible.  Mail merge sends out individual emails and I have hundreds in my outgoing email box when I do it that way so preferably not.  So they aren't looking to fix it like he told me they were?

How would I go back?

I reread what you typed.  If I go back to a previous backup then everything entered since then would be lost - correct?

Administrator

Yes, only the software can be downgraded. The database cannot be.

If you are sending hundreds of the same email this way, then I would suggest you consider using Act emarketing for sending large mailings. These emails are sent through our servers and will not fill up your outbox.

Want to keep it in-house.  Are they working on a fix as the support agent said?

Administrator

It's very unlikely that this will be retroactively fixed in an older version of the software.

Then they need to update me to 18 without a charge....not something I asked for

OK so tech support says I can go back to 17.0 and my data will not be lost.....is that correct?  The first tech guy said I cannot go back to 17.0 unless I use an older backup that was done when it was 17.0.  I am so confused.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

A v17.2 database cannot be downgraded to v17.0. Act v17.0 will not open a newer database.

It would be possible to save certain data, like contacts and groups, as these can be exported from the updated v17.2 database and then imported back into the v17.0 database.

How much data has changed since your last v17.0 backup?

Well we put notes and meetings in it daily.  I did talk to a third support person yesterday and the reinstall for the second time fixed the problem.

Up until a few days ago my Act Premium 2011 worked fine with my windows 10/ Outlook 2010. No issues. Now all of a sudden it is not populating the email addresses for individuals or groups when I touch the email button in Act. Is there a fix for that?