Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group criteria

Group criteria

I am trying to create groups using postcodes as my criteria. My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Starts with or contains Value: B1.

The problem I am having is that with this criteria I also get B11, B12, B13 ect. I have tried changing the operator section to a number of different option but I still have the same issue. 

Act! Pro Version 17.1.169.0

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Group criteria

Alex Robson wrote:

I am trying to create groups using postcodes as my criteria. My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Starts with or contains Value: B1.

You won't be able the get the group members you want using the type of simple query you tried. You said it also returns postcodes such as B11 and B12 which it should with the simple query you described because both those start with B1. If you don't want other postcodes that start with or contains B1 you will need to add exclusion statements to the query.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

So by exclusion statements do you mean I would need to have my exsisting criteria.

My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Starts with or contains Value: B1.

Plus 

My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Does not contains Value: B10

My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Does not contains Value: B11

My field type is: contacts Field name: postcode Operator: Does not contains Value: B12

ect.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Basically yes but it will be a tricky query. Be careful about the AND or OR linking and the grouping of statements.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129