Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group Users by Company Info or other Workaround? (Act 2009)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Group Users by Company Info or other Workaround? (Act 2009)

Hello,

We've just purchased Act 2009 and I'm in the process of installing. I was wondering of there is a way to setup groups of users by details that reside at the company level. For example...

Company A - Active Licensee

Company A > Contact 1 - Owner

Company A > Contact 2 - Sales Rep

Company B - Expired Licensee

Company B > Contact 1 - Owner

Company B > Contact 2 - Sales Rep

Company C - Active Licensee

Company C > Contact 1 - Owner

Company C > Contact 2 - Sales Rep

I'd like to pull a list of Active Licensees only and the Owners of those Companies. So, my results should be...

Company A > Contact 1 - Owner

Company C > Contact 1 - Owner

Company B's owner would not be included in the group because they are Expired. Is there a way to do this with Groups or some other workaround to get this type of effect somewhere in Act? I would like to do it in the groups, if possible, so that these lists of users will be easily accessible within the program.

Thanks,

Wil 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author c3entertainment
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Group Users by Company Info or other Workaround? (Act 2009)

Create Linked fields to have that data in the Contacts... then use Groups (and even create rules)?

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author c3entertainment
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Create Linked fields to have that data in the Contacts... then use Groups (and even create rules)?

Perfect! Thanks Mike!

I just set it up and it works like a charm. Only downside is that you have to manually update the user data by clicking the "Update Linked Contacts" button, but maybe I can hunt down a workaround for that. Maybe after they choose an option from the dropdown I can get it to run a script that calls up that action or something. I'll have to check it out. At least this gets me what I needed. I was worried we'd have to buy some sort of plug-in or upgrade or something.

Thanks again!

Wil

You might post a request for this feature to be considered for a future version here - http://www.act.com/community/feature

Input from this web page goes directly into a database that management has direct access to read, and which they also track and gather statistics on.