Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group Lookups and faxing

Group Lookups and faxing

So I am in need of some help. I have recentley been hired to figure out how to use Act! 9.0 and fax all of our customers and prospective customers from this system. I have figured out how to use the majority of this database, however I am having issues with faxing certain groups and look ups. Every 6 weeks we fax everyone in our database a flyer. I only do about 40 or 50 at a time because otherwise it ties up the fax line for too long...(I use Winfax Pro 10.0) We have roughly 5000 customers. Also during the week I search for new customers based on a category, ie chiropractors, accountants, hotels, etc... So in between this mass fax that I'm sending I also send a different fax to these special customers. When I start back to the other list I don't know how to create a lookup of people that have already been faxed. I don't want to continue to fax the same people, otherwise I think they'd get pretty upset. All of our contacts are put into groups based on the type of company they are. If someone can help me to create a look up that excludes the groups I have already faxed. Any help will be greatly apprcieated
Bronze Contributor

Re: Group Lookups and faxing

Hi jubilatio

I assume you are using mail merge to accomplish this, so that they go out one at a time.

If I remember Winfax, and it has been quite a time since I used it, you have the option to halt the current FAX operation, send a seperate FAX, and then re-start the group being FAX'd.  You'll have to loon in WinFAX to make sure, or maybe one of the forum participants will have that answer.

I hope this helped or caused someone with more knowledge than I to give you a better answer.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Main: HP 9470M 8GB, Win 10 Pro, & Exchange 2013 & Office 365, 32bit
Remote: Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB & Win 10 Pro, Office 365 32bit & Exchange 2013

Re: Group Lookups and faxing

Hi Jnpurdy,

Thank you for your input, that is not exactly what I'm looking for. Currently when I'm faxing all of our contacts I use the look up as all contacts. When I fax the seperate groups I look up just the group, like accountants for example. But then I go back to start faxing all the other contacts again, I still have all of the accountants fax numbers in there as well, so they are getting a duplicate fax.