Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group Contact Titles

Group Contact Titles

I need help with groups.  I belong to several organizations and have set up groups for the individuals who are members of these.  I can't figure out how to add a note to each contact to specify the role they play in the group.  For example, if someone iis the 2010  President of an industry association, how do I indicate that in the group list?  Obviously if their title is 'account manager' in their company, that does not give me any clue as to who fits where in the group.  Also, individuals may hold several titles within a group, such as committee member, committee chair, officer, volunteer, etc.  I don't want to have to go card by card to figure out who holds various positions.  Any ideas?

Silver Contributor

Re: Group Contact Titles

Wow, really good question, but there is not a way to tie a value to a specific contact in a group.  So if joe smith is the president of the Chamber of Comerce and the treasurer of Rotary, you can't realy see his title of each group within each group. THere is nothing linking the contacts to specific field values within the group.  This would be a feature request.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Nickel Super Contributor

You can customize your columns on the Group Screen contacts tab.  Just right click in the contacts tab, and select "Customize Columns".  This allows you to select any contact field to display.   You might want to add a field on the contact screen called "Association Title" where you keep this information.  Then, add that field to the list on the Contacts tab in Groups.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Nickel Super Contributor

As Jon noted above, this would work if the contact is only a member of one association.  

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com