Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Group BCC

Copper Contributor

Group BCC

Act 11, Outlook 2003.  Trying to send a group email.  My current procedure is to do a group look-up.  Highlight the contacts to be emailed and click "write", "email"  This puts all the addresses in the "to" line of Outlook.  I want them in "bcc".  I cut from "to" paste to "bcc" and now the names rather than the addresses appear in the address field.  These contacts are not in my Outlook contacts.  Therefore, if I send I have to search Act for each name before it will send. 

How do i either 1) put the addresses in the BCC field in the first place or 2) move the addresses from "to" to "bcc" wihtout converting to names or 3) get outlook to automatically look in Act for the appropriate address?

Re: Group BCC

Hello ecbuck2,

If you using ACT! E-mail with Outlook, you'll be able to add the currently lookup or group directly to the BCC.   Another way to do this is doing a mail merge.  This will individually send each contact an email.  Before doing the mail merge, you may want to contact your email provider to see if theres a limit on the number of emails you can send per day.

Copper Contributor

"If you using ACT! E-mail with Outlook, you'll be able to add the currently lookup or group directly to the BCC."

How?

Follow the steps below.

- Within ACT!, go to Tools and select Preferences

- Under the Email tab, select Email System Setup

- Go to step 4 of 8 and select ACT! E-mail Editor

Copper Contributor

I still don't see BCC as a default option for a group email.  It still comes up in the "To" address and trying to cut and paste to BCC gives even worse results.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Before you try... how many contacts are you trying to BCC to?

Outlook and most ISPs have limits on this to prevent spam

Copper Contributor

I usually do them in groups of 50-100 with no problem getting them through my ISP.  My issue is that in the past I loaded all contacts into Outlook.  When I did that, the cut and paste from the "To" field to the "BCC" field it worked fine because ACT could automatically reconcile the name with the Outlook contact list.  I no longer move all contacts to Outlook (Blackberry Synch issues) and thus now when I do the cut/paste I lose the email address and have to reconcile every name individually with the ACT data base when I send.

ecbuck2,

You need to open ACT! Email.  When you create a new message in ACT! Email, click the To button.  You will have the option BBC from from all contacts, current lookup, groups, companies.

Copper Contributor

I think you are missing what I am trying to do.  If I want to send to a Group, go to Group, create lookup, highlight the section of Group  and click "Write" "Email".  All address show up in "To".  I need to do sections, not the whole group, because of ISP email limits.

If a start from Act email and go to BCC - I am not aware of a way to put a portion of a Group in.  You have to individually select the contacts or put in an entire group.

If you're doing the lookup, you can select Current Lookup instead of Groups