Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Got an issue can NOT access database, please contact administrator PLEASE HELP Lost hosting computer

Got an issue can NOT access database, please contact administrator PLEASE HELP Lost hosting computer

Hi Guys, I have an issue here, basically I was using a small network in the office of 4 computers using each individual license and share a ACT 2006 network, one of the computer was the hosting computer which after office move, the computer was lost, so I am currently using one of the 3 computers left, this particular computer has its own license installed and was sharing the network as well, it has dsg.pad file (the one we are sharing) on the desktop, as I was trying to open the file it won't access database, error msg: can not access database etc....., I know this is NOT the hosting computer, so is there any way I can access the database using this computer? I know the admin username and password, I tried to open the file in notepad and edit the host name with my current IP address, but error msg says this is not shared, please contact admin for more information.

Any ideas Guys? Please help I hope I didn't lost all the data.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Got an issue can NOT access database, please contact administrator PLEASE HELP

The pad file is only a pointer to the database, the database was on the computer that was lost. If you don't have a backup of your database, it's lost.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129