Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google integration sync problem - Lost Addresses

Copper Contributor

Google integration sync problem - Lost Addresses

I'm running ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0 with Windows 7

Been running this for 6 months or so and love Google integration since I carry an Android phone. Today I opened ACT to find many of my contacts info missing, usually home address or email address.

I've run Database - Check & Repair with no change.

After checking Google-Contacts I've discovered the data is still in Google, but the addresses are showing as "other", not "Home" or "Work" as they should be. I guess when Google and ACT sync the "Other" info is deleted from ACT. All this data was originally entered in ACT and synced to Google when the 2012 version of ACT was introduced.

I didn't think I would have to edit the sync set since it has been working for months.

I can change the tag in Google and it gets corrected in ACT upon the next sync, but I'd hate to have to do this for a couple thousand contacts.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Google integration sync problem - Lost Addresses

Hi I am having the same problem, have you found a solution or better the cause of the problem?I lost over 1000 e-mail addresses.

Thanks,

Patrick

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

After receiving no input from others, including Sage employee's I took some VERY time consuming steps to correct the problem.

In Google contacts I opened all my 2,000+ contacts and found many with the "Title" in the wrong location (was in Added Field had to move it to "Title" before "Company"), "Work" and "Home" Addresses and Emails listed as "others". Birthdays as many years in the future or the far past.

I manually changed all these in Google and gave them the correct heading.

Is there a way to create a sync set to avoid these issues? If so some feedback would be appreciated!

I don't know what caused this to happen, but my theory is it started when Google made their latest contact page view changes.

I really like the Google Integration process, but need it to work better. I am a Beta tester for ACT for years and this is the most frustrated I've been working out bugs. It took me hours to correct this errors. If it occurs again I will certainly look elsewhere for something more stable and user friendly.

Frustrated, this took several hours each day to correct!!!! It was not like this originally -- when I first set up Google Integration it was fine, for months. What changed? One day I opened ACT and a considerable amount of data was missing or corrupt.

FRUSTRATED!

Well sounds like a rough ride....

Thanks for posting your situation. I have about a 100 contacts effected, when I look a the the contacts it seems to be with no rhyme or reason why these contacts ´have lost the e-mail address. 

Its clearly not a viable business solution. Can someone from ACT comment on the situation and offer a solution? 

Regards, 

Patrick