Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Record Integration Email Message Missing

Copper Contributor

Google Record Integration Email Message Missing

Greetings,

Have a bug/issue with Act! (Pro Version 18.1.103.0, Update), running on Windows 8.1, basically, my Google Contacts Integration works just fine, but my Records Integration is doing something strange in my history; it will record a message in the history but will have only the subject, no message. Not sure how to fix this or why it is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If this has been asked and fixed before, I do apologize, I did make a valiant attempt to find a previous post.

Any help would be great.

-Jon

Administrator

Re: Google Record Integration Email Message Missing

Hi Jon,

Are your Google Integration Preferences set to record both subject and message?

Tools > Integrate with Google > Google Integration Preferences

Act!_2016-06-08_10-19-38.png

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gary,

You always seem to be the first to answer this stuff, so thank you.

In regards to your screen shot, yes, both are the same, but mine includes the attachments, is that the culprit? Never was in the past...Untitled.png

Additionally, I noticed that you have a date at the bottom of yours for going backwards through messages, why would mine no show that as well.

Thanks again for the assistance, I really do appreciate it.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi Jon,

If you have the history recording set to include attachments, the actual message body will be added as an attachment to the history record.

If the option for recording E-mail Subject and Message is selected, the message body will also be included in the history detail area, instead of as an attachment.

Do you see any attachments on those email where there is only a subject?

As for the date picker not showing on your preferences window, I'm looking into this, as mine has also now disappeared.

Copper Contributor

Gary,

That is really odd as I have used the E-mail Subject and Message and Attachment for years and it was worked just fine. It actually records the message as a message and the attachments separately. Unlike Outlook which throws it all into a link to Outlook. The Google Integration with attachments actually will put multiple attachments into a zip and put the message in the actual history of Act. I will go ahead and experiment then with it.

As for the date please let me know as that would be very useful to have but I have not seen it before.

Jon

Administrator

Hi Jon,

After further investigation, it would appear that the date picker behaviour that we've seen is the intended behaviour. Once the date range has been set, it cannot be changed, as this would result in duplicating activities, therefore the option is not given after initial setup has been completed.
It could be restored but only in the Google integration were completely reset and preferences removed.