Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Google Intergration

Copper Contributor

Google Intergration

I am using ACT 2012 and have google intergration, but when I post a meeting directly from phone or google it does not show up in ACT. Any suggestions?

Copper Contributor

Re: Google Intergration

Hello,

Do you have the Google Integration set up to synchronize regularly (on a schedule)?  Also, is the machine running ACT! where you set up Google Integration and/or the machine that hosts the ACT! database turned on at the time you are creating these meetings?

Thanks,

Amy

Copper Contributor

Yes, I have synchronization done on a regular basis and yes the machine running ACT is the machine that host the database. But not sure why when I input an appointment in Google or iphone it does not show up in the ACT database. Is there a setting in Google or ACT that I am missing.

Thank you for your reply.

Copper Contributor

Hello,

Can you attach some screenshots of your Google Integration preferences so I can check them out?  Go to Tools menu -> Integrate with Google -> Google Integration Preferences.  Take a screenshot (you can just hit the Print Screen button, then paste into a Word document or something) of the main Synchronize Calendar tab, the window you get when you click Advanced Preferences..., and the window you get when you click Schedule Automatic Integration..., and that should help me determine the problem.

One thing to check off the top of my head is that the appointment you are inputting falls within the configured time period you have set up in Advanced Preferences (I've attached a screen shot of this).  The default here is 14 days ago and 30 days in the future, although you can adjust this.  With these default settings, if you make an appointment for over 30 days in the future, it will not sync with ACT!.

Thanks,

Amy

Copper Contributor

I can't figure out how to attach file, but my settings are the same as you sent. I am wondering if the setting is in Google?

Copper Contributor

No, there shouldn't be any specific settings in Google you need to establish.

When are you trying to make the appointment for?  Might it be outside of the default syncing range?

Thanks,

Amy