Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Google Integration registration fail

Copper Contributor

Re: Google Integration registration fail

Hi David,

No. Why would I want to switch that off? For security purposes, wouldn't I want to know when something is trying to alter my system? Typically, once i say yes/no, it should be a one time yes/no and not each reboot.

Copper Contributor

Wow...OK, so my resolution was to pay them the $70 per year for ACT Connect and at least I am now getting my Droid synced. I can,t email via Outlook launched from ACT contacts since the "fix".  The work around was to disable that and use ACT editor.

Bottom line: The best I can do is to turn off functionality that I need with ACT.  In the old days, we used to fix programs like this..I called it "speghetti" code.  I think Sage stuck Swiftpage with a big ball of sticky noodles.  (Class ACT, Sage)

So, Swiftpage... I am wondering...which product are you going with?  SalesLogic or ACT?  It's clear that you can't (nor should you) support both.

I appreciate the opportunity to vent on this forum.  Thanks, I feel much better, now.

Copper Contributor

So, in addition to the update process for the hotfix being a disaster, I've had two other issues:

(1) events are showing up in my google calendar (online and two devices) as wrong ... some are off by one day, some are the correct day but one hour early. From what I can tell, this is recurring events and one time events seem to be ok.

(2) at this point, i cannot access my database! the complete error I get is attached! it says check my network connection. very odd since I'm online at this very moment AND the database is local, in tthe same C drive as previously stored!  it also references a server I don't have!

Act networking error 2013-12-11.JPG

Astute Commentator

Re: Google Integration registration fail 2012

i agree. I have been using act since 1997 and this will be my last upgrade.

I also had this problem.  I uninstalled ACT and reinstalled and when I tried Google Integration again.  It gave me the first same error, but this time it let me allow instead of giving me the error message with the verification code.  The only problem is that it keeps attaching to my personal gmail account not my google apps account.  I would like it to attach to my google apps email.  Any thoughts?  Really wanting to send email through act and have it attach to a contact.  Thanks in advance!

Hi Im Gabriel from Mexico, i have 1 problem, and i hope you can help me if you can..

1.- The ACT! by Saque 2008, if i want to set up an google account can it works in this version or i need to upgrade to ACT! PRO 2013??? Let me tell you why i need this..

I have now the act! by sage 2008 and i have in my ms outlook 2007 configured an account that is in google server, i have a private domain with their  like.. @gfmmaquianria.com  and it works excellent between act! 2008 and ms outlook 2007, but i dont want to use anymore the ms outlook 2007, and only want to use the ACT! 2008, so Can i configure my email account like.. gabriel.gamez@gfmmaquinaria .com that i have in google or i need to upgrade my version to ACT! PRO 20013 to set up in that version and use only act! to send and receive email, contacts etc.. ???

Best Regards...

Gabriel Gamez

Copper Contributor

did you ever get ggole to work??? on act??

Copper Contributor

I am assuming this came to me...

No, I aborted the idea of syncing with Google.  i bought the ACT connect thing.  Some companies will do anything to get another $70 from me.  Even lie about their product.  I wish you hadn't sent me this reminder.  I was just about over this.  Now, i am all ticked off again.

I hope you have a nice day....

Copper Contributor

dang sorry bro,,  its all good in the end,,  ,,, right? :-)

Copper Contributor

Why they haven't fixed this issue properly after all this time is curious, at best.

===

Robert M. Burns
Internet Marketer