Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Google Integration registration fail

Copper Contributor

Re: Google Integration registration fail

Resolve for ACT 2012: This is the true definition of poor customer service. 2012 users: Don't just read POST!! Let's see if customer opinion counts !!!!!!!!!!!! This is having a serious business impact!

Copper Contributor

ACT 2012 users: Go to https://www.facebook.com/pages/Swiftpage/128900513958648 , see the post from Steve Wilkinson dated 10.11.13. I have copied the first post in this thread in order to reach a larger group. - like / comment and lets push for a positive response?

Silver Contributor

Re: Google Integration registration fail 2012

Existing 35 user UK ACT 2012 client was using GMail. As the problem was not resolved by Swiftpage client looked at updating to 2014 but also looked at other options. Result you have lost a 35 user account to Salesforce.  Now another larger account is starting the same annalists.

Is this really what you want?????

Copper Contributor

Oh, I just got a flash...

Swiftpage owns ACT now.  All this time, I hadn't noticed that.  

Once upon a time, I owned a software company and was invited to be an ACT distributor for Symantic. (I was and still am a "super user")  After Y2K, I closed my business and joined a company that inturn sold to Intuit. Intuit raped the company and then sold it to Sage.  Now, Sage raped ACT and has now sold it to Swiftpage.  Swiftpage has a great email marketing system that links to ACT, and I love it. What a brilliant solution.  However, Swiftpage also owns a competing product, just like Intuit had a competing product.

So, from my experience, it seems to me, that we ACT 2012 users are getting the late warning signals of a rape in progress.

It is clear to me that companies like Intuit, Sage and now Swiftpage could not care less for their thousands of users.  Proving to me, that they do not deserve to have us.  I too, a user of ACT for decades must finally move on.  I guess I will have to finally risk my whole business to the clouds.  Oh well, I have have had it in the hands of clowns all this time anyway.

Nickel Contributor

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the delay on this. I think you've all been more than patient with us while we sorted this out, and I really appreciate it.

Development is working on a hotfix for version 2012 (both SP1 and SP2 versions) that will address this issue.

The reason for the delay is because 2012 used a different framework for authentication and it's going to have to be rewritten. Because of this, we can't give you an ETA for the fix. It's being worked on, though!
Damien Park
Swiftpage
Solution
Accepted by topic author harevycraig73
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

The hotfixes are available now.

For 2012 SP1 (Pro/Premium, Web), please use this link: http://cdn.act.dlm.swiftpage.com/2953/act2012sp1hf7.exe

For 2012 SP2 (Web-only), please use this link: http://cdn.act.dlm.swiftpage.com/2954/act2012sp2hf5.exe

Damien Park
Swiftpage
Copper Contributor

LOL.  Why would it take as long as it has for them to respond and to even acknowledge that they're working on these fixes?  You may be right, unfortunately.

===

Robert M. Burns
Internet Marketer
Copper Contributor

i, for one, will not spend another minute nor a dime on this. I will check back in about 3 months to see if this fix actually works. By then, I should be on another platform, with all the functionality that I need. Its good to have choices in this free market, huh?
Copper Contributor

Ok, this seems  to be resolved for Act 2013. Installed yesterday on my Win 8 laptop.

BE AWARE: this was over 2 hours to fix and I'm still having problems! albeit now minor.

the install itself was smooth. applied the hotfix and it appeared to instantly work, syncing the calendar items to google. Used Act no problem. Got home and launched Act. Was asked to re-register act. Figure, ok, this is a PIA but no problem. Couldn't find my serial number. Tried chatting with Act rep ... have to call, they can't locate serial numbers. I'm now ticked at myself because while I have my receipt/email, can't find the number and I normally save those. call act rep. this takes forever. get chastised for not knowing my customer #. she looks it up. Screw making us know a customer id, use email and phone numbers like everyone else! We waste over 30 minutes and resolve nothing!!! I cannot use act because they cannot get it re-registered. she escalates the issue. after TWO TOTAL HOURS they are able to get my product registered! TWO HOURS!

This morning, I turn on my PC and I get a windows security error that you normally get from installing ... do I want to let this program make changes .... click yes. laptop continues startup.

Go to launch Act ... same error. click yes again. Act finally lauches.

So, I'm goign to have to call Act support and spend more time to eliminate these two annoying steps! Just an utter waste of time. Applying a hotfix shouldn't be equal to a full install and require registration!!!!

Bronze Elite Contributor

Have you switched off UAC?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org