Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Google Integration registration fail

Astute Commentator

Re: Google Integration registration fail

I see that at least the problem is known, but I too need the fix for v14.

Copper Contributor

FYI - removal of the two-step verification did NOT allow Google integration to complete - at least for my 2012 customer this morning. Smiley Sad

Shana Crump
Active Hosting
Act Certified Consultant and Act Premium Web Hosting

I am facing the same problem.... has this issue been resolve by ACT! and Google? Smiley Sad 

Nickel Super Contributor

Hello?.....

need that 2012 fix...

or can you call my 2 dozen clients that need this and calm them down?....

Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Copper Contributor

As a side note the Hotfix did work.  However I have discovered that the implementation that Act has for integrating with Google isn't what I'm looking for.

No group sync ability is a major shortcoming of this integration - this was a deal-killer for me.

Also, as an additional aside, I discovered that once I did the hotfix on my application, all kinds of things were not working as they were prior to hotfix install; namely the regular sync would freeze, the app was sluggish, and in general my machine didn't work as well.  The minute I went back to previous version (after having to uninstall Act completely), it worked flawlessly as usual.

===

Robert M. Burns
Internet Marketer
Copper Contributor

well, it has been a month now... what happened to Amanda? whats up, girl? I need to buy something if this is not fixed. It sure aint gonna be a Sage product...
Nickel Super Contributor

Day 40 and counting...

Please don't abandon ACT 2012 clients.

They need the fix as much as later versions.

Daniel Graves . . . Database-USA . . . Los Angeles . . . 818-780-3201
¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Copper Contributor

This situation with Google Integration with Sage Act is rapidly becoming a serious issue for my users. We moved to ACT 2012 based on the Google Integration option as we had all moved to Google Apps. 

Is this a Google problem as they have restricted ACT from integrating with Google Mail or is it down to Sage to provide a hotfix for this issue? Either way, it sure is not the end users responsibility who have purchased the software expecting it do do what it says on the tin!

A fix is needed ASAP - anyone got an update?

Copper Contributor

this is shaping up to be a pretty cool class action suit. attention lawyers: count me IN !
Silver Contributor

Hi Swiftpage

This is your chance to show you are supporting existing ACT 2012 users and not like Sage over the ACT 2010 Office 2010 public relations disaster.

"New owners - new commitment to support." Please release a fix for the Act - Google problem for 2012 to support my clients now.